If you are wondering how to prevent mold from growing, one of the most important steps is to eliminate excess moisture. Mold thrives in moist environments, therefore, the best way to prevent mold from growing is to address problems that could be conducive to excess moisture accumulation. There are numerous practical steps you can take to reduce moisture in your home and to eliminate other conditions where mold would have the potential to thrive.
Simple Tips Help Prevent Mold From Growing:
- Consistently clean your home, especially in areas that generate the most moisture such as bathrooms
- Avoid wall-to-wall carpeting in areas of high moisture
- Do not store wood, paper, clothes, or any material on which mold can grow in damp areas or in wet conditions (such as a pile of wet towels in the corner that you might forget about)
- Do not wait to repair any roof or pipe leaks
- Make sure your refrigerator and freezer doors close tightly and clean them regularly
- Consistently clean gutters so that water does not build up on your roof
- Be sure that the land around your home is graded properly so that water flows away from your foundation
- Open windows or turn on exhaust fans in the kitchen and bathroom
- Do not overuse humidifiers
- Consider a dehumidifier for your basement
- Be sure that your attic is appropriately insulated and ventilated
- If you consistently follow these suggestions, you will greatly decrease the chances for excess moisture in your home, and simultaneously reduce your risk for mold growth.
because the elimination of moisture is they key to answering “how to prevent mold from growing”.
If you are experiencing mold growth despite these precautions, it would be in your best interest to call Advanced Mold Diagnostics to receive testing or inspection and remediation.
How To Prevent Mold From Growing | How To Prevent Molds From Growing