Mold can cause significant damage to the operation and reputation of health care centers. No health care center is impervious to the infestation of mold and the multitude of problems that it can introduce. This is why it’s crucial for each and every health center to conscientiously consider consulting with a company that provides effective commercial mold remediation for health systems and centers.
Health centers, just like any business with a physical location, must keep a watchful eye out for mold. As someone who helps operate a health center, you’re aware of the important role that the surrounding environment plays in the health of your patients and you want the conditions of your facilities to be conducive to health and well-being. In order to help you make informed decisions concerning mold and maintain the quality of your facilities, it’s important to take a look at how mold works, how it can affect your health center and what you can do to eradicate and prevent it.
The Basic Need For The Mold Remediation Process
In order to understand the necessity of commercial mold remediation for health systems and centers, it’s important to grasp how mold operates. By gaining an understanding of the basics of mold infestations, you will have a better idea of how it can affect your facility and what you can do to address any mold-related issues at your health center. Key characteristics of mold infestations include:
- Moisture: Mold can grow on any organic material, so long as moisture is present. Some of the most prominent organic materials are wood, paper, carpet, and insulation. You can guarantee that your facilities have a sufficient amount of organic material on which mold can grow and spread. Likewise, moisture will be present in your center throughout the year. While the combination of moisture and organic materials does not guarantee the presence of mold, it creates conditions that are hospitable to mold. Thus, just as it may not be accurate to assume that your facility already has a mold infestation, it’s also irresponsible to assume that it does not have any mold whatsoever.
- Growth: Mold does not constrict itself to borders. Whenever mold establishes residence, it immediately begins a persistent expansion, gaining more ground as time goes on. The rate at which mold spreads vary, but you can rest assured that it will continue to expand so long as it is left unaddressed and untreated. The continuous expansion of mold highlights the need to address it as early as possible. Time becomes your enemy when mold infests your building, as the progression of time allows mold to cause more damage to a larger surface area.
- Damage: Not only does mold easily infest a building and continue to expand but it also gradually destroys everything that it grows on. Mold consumes and erodes organic substances, utilizing organic material as a resource with which to continue its expansion. This persistent destruction will inevitably cause multiple problems in your center.
The Importance Of Commercial Mold Remediation For Health Systems And Centers
When mold infests a health center, it can jeopardize the health of individuals and interrupt the operation of the facility’s operations.
Health of patients and employees: The presence of mold in a building can cause individuals to exhibit allergic symptoms and harmful reactions. Molds can produce allergens, irritants and potentially toxic chemicals which are hazardous to the health of anyone nearby. Some of the allergic responses caused by mold include:
- Runny nose
- Skin rash
- Red eyes
Mold can also irritate the eyes, skin, nose throat and lungs. Health centers should be particularly cautious about mold since mold can lead to infections in individuals with suppressed or weakened immune systems. Medical patients already have compromised health, and mold can only serve to hinder their improvement and/or worsen their condition.
Operation of Facilities: Health centers are complex and require constant maintenance in order to operate properly. Handling medical issues is a very serious matter and involves special procedures, delicate equipment, and a consistently clean environment. Mold can jeopardize the integrity of a health center, posing a threat to proper sanitation and clean air.
Why Different Health Centers Require A Reliable Mold Remediation Process
In order to gain a better understanding of how health centers are particularly vulnerable to mold, let’s will examine four different types of health systems and centers: hospitals, doctor’s offices, pharmacies and dialysis centers.
- Hospitals: Hospitals cannot afford to overlook or ignore the threat that mold poses. Hospitals constantly utilize water since sanitization is crucial to proper medical treatment. Likewise, patients who reside in hospitals use water in order to bathe and maintain proper hygiene while recovering from a procedure or receiving care. This prevalence of moisture can foster a mold-friendly environment.
Patients receiving hospital treatment require the cleanest of environments in order to best manage symptoms related to their illness and/or injury, and mold compromises the cleanliness of hospital facilities. Mold increases a patient’s risk of developing an infection and pollutes the air with harmful allergens, irritants, and chemicals. It is simply not safe for patients to receive treatment in a hospital with an atmosphere contaminated by mold.
- Doctor’s offices: Doctor’s offices face similar problems to hospitals, as they are also placed with a prevalent amount of moisture where patients consult with doctors and receive treatment for illnesses and injuries. People view a doctor’s office as a safe haven where they can receive the care and support they need to lead a healthy life.
However, if mold is present at a doctor’s office, then it is no longer a safe haven, but an unhealthy location for individuals who are prone to allergies, asthma, weakened immune systems and other compromising states of health. Patients need to trust that they will be able to meet with their doctor in a clean environment that is conducive to health and recovery.
- Pharmacies: The presence of mold can seriously jeopardize the production of pharmaceutical products. As has already been noted, mold can easily grow in an environment with moisture, and pharmacies are no exception to this rule. In addition, mold can be extremely difficult to detect. It easily grows under the radar, becoming an elusive yet destructive pestilence.
Pharmacies should diligently seek to prevent, identify and eradicate mold by contacting a company that follows proper mold remediation procedures. Mold can contaminate the pharmaceutical products that are created in, and transported through, a pharmacy. This problem was highlighted in 2013, when a pharmaceutical company had to recall its products due to mold contamination. Thus, the presence of mold in a pharmacy can not only cost the company serious problems by leading to the recall of expensive products and the possibility of lawsuits, but it can also jeopardize the health of individuals who use such compromised pharmaceutical products for their medical treatment.
- Dialysis Centers: When it comes to different types of medical facilities, dialysis centers are one of the most vulnerable to mold. Mold represents a formidable challenge to dialysis centers because their services revolve around water.
Dialysis centers are not only vulnerable to mold infestation because of the prevalence of moisture, but also because of the intricate system required in order to administer dialysis treatment. Dialysis centers utilize a complex system of water distribution that requires constant maintenance. Any leakage, problems with pipes or other issues with this storage and usage of water can quickly lead to a mold infestation. These are just a few of the many causes of dialysis center mold, and you can read a more comprehensive and thorough account of these causes in our complimentary eBook.
Who To Contact For Commercial Mold Remediation For Health Systems And Centers
If you help operate the facilities of a health center, such as a hospital, doctor’s office, pharmacy or dialysis center, then it’s of paramount importance to consult with reliable mold removal companies that can help prevent and address any mold-related issues that your facility may face. Mold endangers the health of your patients and employees, the quality of your care and the integrity of your company’s operations. Assuming that mold is a non-issue is simply not worth the risk.
At Advanced Mold Diagnostics, we provide the help that your health center needs. We have a thorough process of mold inspection, eradication, and prevention that effectively addresses the multitude of mold problems that face medical centers. We take care of every step of the way, from identifying mold infestations, removing mold and helping you implement reliable measures for mold prevention.
Trustworthy Commercial Mold Remediation For Health Systems And Centers
Advanced Mold Diagnostics has a long, reputable history of helping medical centers effectively address and prevent mold infestations. We understand how medical facilities operate and know how to treat them without causing undue interruptions or problems to their important operations. We also know what to look for, and where to look, when health centers are experiencing mold-related problems. Check out our list of clients that we have served and maintained over the years through our upstanding service.
You can trust us at Advanced Mold Diagnostics to serve you with the utmost professionalism and expertise. We use the most effective mold abatement procedures, which is why we consistently maintain the high mold abatement rate of 98.4%. By partnering with us, you can rest assured that your facilities are in the hands of the best mold removal company. To learn more about how we can serve you, call us today at 1-800-642-8305.