Commercial Mold Remediation
Advanced Mold Diagnostics is an environmental consulting company located in the Delaware Valley area. We service the entire East Coast from Maine to Florida and as far West as Mississippi and Indiana. Our firm provides investigative, consulting, and design services for issues affecting building performance and the comfort, health and well being of building occupants. The scope of our services focus on matters concerning indoor air quality including mold inspections, mold testing, construction defects, mold detection, mold remediation, mold removal, chemical contamination, water damage & structural drying as well as green building design. The aim of our practice is to protect people and property with proven, practical solutions and the best available science.
What Can You Expect On Your Initial Contact With AMD?
During your initial contact with Advanced Mold Diagnostics we will utilize our proprietary screening process and our fifteen point sick building syndrome analysis to help you decide which service is best suited to your needs. If a recommendation is made for a Indoor Air Quality Inspection or Odor Identification below is how the process will evolve.
- Upon arrival the AMD representative will go over an extensive packet of useful information regarding mold, mold testing, and mold remediation. Exposure to mold and how mold might affect your employees health will also be discussed. We will leave you armed with enough information so that you may be able to address all staff concerns.
- Next we will gather client background information in a comprehensive survey including medical history and past and present incidents that might have led to mold growth as well as any issues of concern and or impact from exposure to mold. Any OHSA complaints will be dealt with in a priority fashion.
- While equipment is turned on and allowed to acclimate an outside inspection will be performed looking at particular problem areas such as:
- Grading and landscaping
- Sealant joints and entry points for water
- Gutters, downspouts and drainage systems
- The type of construction and exterior cladding system, i.e. brick, stucco, EIFS, stone, siding, etc.
- The type and condition of the window and door openings
- Roof/attic issues, especially ventilation
The interior inspection will focus on many areas and consist of some or all of the following:
- Laser particle counter readings throughout building, logging and comparing to outside reference.
- Measuring total VOC levels with a PID (Photo-Ionization Detection) monitor
- Monitoring for specific gases such as:
- Carbon Dioxide
- Carbon Monoxide
- Visual inspection of all accessible areas looking for areas of moisture and or mold growth
- Penetrating and non-penetrating moisture meters
- Thermal imaging of interior and exterior wall cavities
- Once the interior and exterior inspection is complete the AMD consultant will sit down and go over recommended mold testing sampling protocols with client before sampling is executed.
- Extensive report detailing findings with a definitive answer to causation of issue and scope of work (detailed set of instructions as to what to do for mold removal) will be prepared and sent out within seven to ten business days.
We can guide you on how to proceed once an OSHA complaint has been lodged. This happens a lot more frequently then you can imagine. We also can provide the training necessary to keep OSHA complaints at bay.
- Thermography is the use of an infrared imaging and measurement camera to “see” and “measure” thermal energy emitted from an object. Thermal, or infrared energy, is energy that is not visible because its wavelength is too long to be detected by the human eye; it’s the part of the electromagnetic spectrum that we perceive as heat. Unlike visible light, in the infrared world, everything with a temperature above absolute zero emits heat. Even very cold objects, like ice cubes, emit infrared. The higher the object’s temperature, the greater the IR radiation emitted. Infrared allows us to see what our eyes cannot. Infrared thermography cameras produce images of invisible infrared or “heat” radiation and provide precise non-contact temperature measurement capabilities.
- In the home environment we can use these temperature differentials known as “delta-points” to find where energy is escaping and how to reduce your energy costs. We can also utilize this technology during our Indoor Air Quality Investigations, Stucco Inspections, Water Removal and Structural Drying Process.
- In industry, nearly everything gets hot before it fails, making infrared cameras extremely cost-effective, valuable diagnostic tools in many diverse applications. And as industry strives to improve manufacturing efficiencies, manage energy, improve product quality, and enhance worker safety, new applications for infrared cameras continually emerge.
What Makes AMD The Right Choice.
- It all starts with your first interaction, the staff at AMD are extremely knowledgeable and have the ability to convey the information and set your mind at ease.
- When you contact our offices, the extensive experience that we have in building science and indoor air quality will be placed at your disposal. We listen intently to the issues that are troubling you and offer our expert advice as to the best course of action to resolve your issues.
- Your report will not only define the problem, but it will also deliver to you the causation and most importantly the solution. The report that you will receive is separate and apart from any in the industry.
- We do the job right the first time. We succeed where others have failed.
- 70% of the work that we do is cleaning up after other mold restoration companies that didn’t do a good job the first time.
- Extensive Services
- Indoor Air Quality Investigations
- Odor Investigations
- Mold Testing
- Asbestos Removal
- Lead Paint Testing and Removal
- Mold Remediation & Mold Removal
- Thermal Imaging
- Water Removal and Structural Drying