Mold can grow anywhere in our homes or buildings, even where there is no known ventilation issue or water damage. Are you looking to remove mold, but want to see if you can do it yourself? It is always a good idea to call a specialist, like Advanced Mold Diagnostics, to perform mold removal Cherry Hill residents trust, but sometimes we want to consider taking care of it ourselves.
Here are some suggested steps to take when performing a do-it-yourself mold removal.
- Be sure the area in which you’re working has good ventilation.
- Always wear gloves and a mask, so you are not breathing in the spores.
- For a small area of mold, growing on a non-porous surface, you can wipe it down with soap and hot water or a diluted bleach solution.
- Take extra precaution when cleaning more concentrated mold that is larger than a few square feet:
- Wear gloves, glasses and a respirator.
- Turn off any A/C or heating systems so that mold spores don’t flow throughout the rest of your home or building.
- If carpet is moldy, dispose in a large plastic bag.
- To keep spores from becoming airborne while you work, spray the area down with water to keep it from flying around.
- If removing a wall, make sure you remove a large enough area so that you know you are getting all of the mold.
- Remember that porous surfaces are hard to clean, so when you can, dispose of them and replace.
- When using a vacuum to clean up debris, remember to thoroughly clean the vacuum after the removal with bleach and water and replace the air filter.
- Turn on dehumidifier(s) while things dry to keep mold from coming back.
Advanced Mold Diagnostics is happy to assist you with DIY or providing professional mold removal Cherry Hill trusts. Please give us a call at 610-628-0405.
Mold Removal Cherry Hill | Cherry Hill Mold Removal